Featured Lasagna courtesy of Lolasgrabite. https://lolasgrababite.com/
Enjoy awesome lasagna right at home with your loved ones. Best on its own or with some soft yummy garlic bread.
PREP TIME: 30 MINS
COOK TIME: 1 HOUR
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 30 MINS
2 lbs Ground Beef
1 tsp Salt
½ cup Mixed Vegetables
⅓ cup Tomato Paste
4 tbsp Homemade dark marinade (recipe on the website)
48 Sheets flat Lasagna Noodles (or any lasagna noodle of your choice)
1 Egg (whisked)
1 tbsp Paprika
For the cheese mix
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese
⅓ cup sour cream
1 cup cream cheese
- Wash and season ground beef, overnight is best however three hours prior to cooking works as well.
(ensure ground beef is dried fully before applying any form of seasoning, use napkins to get rid of all moisture)
- Fully cook ground beef by sautéing in a pan and simmering in tomato sauce.
Allow to cool completely.
- Bring lasagna noodles to a boil and let cool (boil for no more than 2 minutes)
- Prepare cheese mixture by adding salt sour cream, cream cheese and some of the cheese.
(use an electric mixer to fully break down cheese mix, should be bit creamy)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees, while you start the layering of the pasta, cheese mix and beef mix.
Spray bake-ware with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Begin by placing a layer of pasta, followed by the ground beef mix and then the cheese.
Repeat until all mixture is layered.
(reserve about a cup of cheese for the end)
Once oven is heated, place lasagna inside and bake covered for 45 mins on the middle rack.
- After 45 mins increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees, remove the cover, add the remaining cheese and bake for ten more mins.
for a charred look turn the broiler on high and bake for an additional 5 minutes until the edges are extra crispy.
Lolasgrabaite uses Tun Up Hot Sauce in some of her Spicier Recipes.